Mouth thrush occurs inside the mouth on the tongue and appears like a white and creamy spots. It is because of an overgrowth of the fungus. Typically, fungus happens in the mouth, but in some cases, the growth of the fungus can be abnormal. It causes thrush in the mouth. In this article, Walk-in Dental Clinic will consider factors and causes of the mouse Thrush.
Occasionally, oral thrush can also spread to the roof of the mouth, gums, tonsils, and throat. It can happen to everyone, but children and the elderly are at higher risk for it. People with weakened immune systems or other physical problems who use certain medications are also at risk for oral thrush. In general, this is not a severe problem, but it is probably a critical problem for those with weakened immune systems.
Factors Causing Mouth Thrush
-When the fungus Candida Albicans grows abnormally, it causes infection.
– By using some medicines, dentists try to reduce the beneficial germs in your mouth.
– Various cancers that require chemotherapy also kill healthy cells, which can weaken your immune system and increase the chance of infectious and mouth thrush in people.
-Some diseases that directly affect the immune system, such as AIDS, leukemia can increase the risk of mouth thrush.
– When salivary glucose is increased in diabetics, it will increase the risk of mouth thrush because fungus that causes mouth thrush use this sugar for growing.
– This infection can be passed from mother to infant during delivery
Symptoms of Mouth Thrush
- White or creamy patches of bumps on the inner cheek and the tongue
- The gradual growth of wounds in the form of cottage cheese
- Redness, scarring and pain in the mouth that prevents swallowing and eating
- Mild bleeding if the sores are worn and scratched
- Cracking and redness in the corners of the mouth
- Loss of taste
- Feeling like cotton in the mouth.
- Mouth thrush is harmful in adults
Diagnosing Oral Thrush in Infants and Adults
A Doctor or dentist can diagnose oral thrush in infants by a superficial examination in an emergency dental clinic in Toronto. If oral thrush develops in adults, the dentist should carefully examine it because the initial symptoms of this disease are similar to some cancers.
Treatment of Oral Thrush in Adults
An Emergency dental care clinic in Toronto can help you with the treatment of oral thrush. These treatments include:
A) Use of oral antifungal medicine
B) Taking some pills that have to be kept in the mouth to melt like Clotrimazole
C) Use of antifungal mouthwash
D) Prescribing Amphotericin B for severe fungal diseases
Treatment of Oral Thrush in Infants
A) Prescribing antifungal medicine for infant and topical antifungal cream for mother
B) Washing baby breastfeeding supplies properly
C) Use the pad by the mother to reduce the amount of milk that gets onto her clothes and to prevent fungal infections from spreading
Simple Ways to Prevent Oral Thrush
-Using regular toothbrushes
-Using dental floss
– When using antibiotics, get yogurt into your diet
– Rinsing mouth with water after using spray medicines.
If it does not treat in simple ways, it is suggested to consult an emergency dental clinic in Toronto to provide you the best treatment.