Toothache happens when the central part of the tooth becomes severely inflamed. This part is called the dental pulp. Inflammation of pulp occurs for a variety of reasons. The following reasons can generally cause severe toothache:
– A severe toothache may occur gradually or suddenly. It may also be caused by the use of hot or cold drinks. Even an old injury that seems relatively minor can annoy you.
– Sometimes the main reason for severe toothache can be as simple as stocking a piece of corn between the teeth.
– Severe pain in your tooth may occur because of infection and serious inflammation in the internal tissue of the tooth. Various factors can lead to inflammation, including not brushing or flossing for long periods, cavity, tooth fractures, or an accidental blow to the mouth. In these cases, the dental pulp becomes dark, and the tooth is discolored.
– A toothache may be due to bruxism while sleeping.
– A severe toothache may be a sign of problems in the sinuses. Since the root of the upper teeth extends to the sinuses, any pressure in that area can put pressure on the nerve.
There is no way to predict toothache. If you are experiencing a toothache, you should refer to the emergency dental clinic as soon as possible.
What Are the Quick Treatments for Toothache?
-Try to rinse your mouth with warm water. Then brush and floss your teeth to eliminate the bacteria or food particles. Saltwater can be useful too.
– Putting a cold compress on your cheek can reduce tooth pain, but you should refer to the emergency dentist immediately.
– You can take ibuprofen to reduce inflammation and pain. Consult your emergency dentist about the use of ibuprofen.
– Clove and coconut oil can be useful.
– You can use local anesthesia to numb the pain area until you get to the emergency dental clinic.
-Putting the tea bag on your tooth can reduce the pain too.
Keep in mind that all of the mentioned tips can reduce your pain temporarily. When you have a toothache, you have to refer to the emergency dental clinic as soon as possible to find out the main reason for it.
Here, at Walk-In Dental Clinic in Toronto, our emergency dentist with years of experience can offer you affordable emergency dental services.